Welcome!

You may have heard the phrase "Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often". Well in out home it's a little more like "Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often, and EAT!". I'm a stay at home mom and wife and I love to cook and bake! I've finally decided to start a recipe blog of some of my favorite recipes and creations. Mangia!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Salads - Cucumber and Tomato

Nothing says summer to me quite like a cold, fresh salad. I'm making pulled chicken sandwiches for my in-laws tonight and I wanted something delicious and refreshing on the side, so I dug into my vegetable drawer to see what I could pull together. I decided on a cucmber and tomato salad, two of my son's favorite foods, with a little fresh basil (I'll put fresh basil on just about anything!).

Cucumber and Tomato Salad



- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 Vine Ripened Tomato
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls Balsamic Vinegarette
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt & Pepper

Seed and chop cucumber and tomato into a medium bowl. Add EVOO, Balsamic Vinagarette and basil. Chop garlic finely and add to salad. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment